The Auburn Nonmetals Lab performs receiving inspection and revalidation testing on a wide variety of aerospace materials. The materials include adhesives, composites, paints, preimpregnated materials, sealants, rubbers, adhesive tapes, and many others, which are defined in the Boeing family of material specifications (BMS, DMS, HMS, and MMS). Revalidation testing is performed according to the appropriate process specification requirements.
The lab has a wide variety of immediately available test equipment, which allows it to perform the necessary testing quickly and efficiently. The equipment includes the following:
- Analytical instruments High-Pressure Liquid Chromatography (HPLC), Gas Chromatography (GC), Fourier Transform Infrared spectroscopy (FTIR).
- Autoclave ovens, humidity chambers, presses (including resin-flow presses), muffle furnaces, and water baths.
- Mechanical preparation equipment (router, bridge saw, band saws, grinder, and a drill press).
- Fume hood for resin-content and areal-weight testing.
- Fume hood for BSS 7230 flammability and flash-point testing.
- Spray booth for paint and primer test-panel production.
- Brookfield and other viscometers, burst tester, titration equipment (for amine content).
Materials Lab Contact
John Ralston, firstname.lastname@example.org