The Boeing Class III simulated Electronic Flight Bag (simEFB) hardware and installation services meet the requirements for EFB training in your flight simulator training device (FSTD).
Boeing Flight Services offers simulated units to replace the aircraft components in FSTDs, improving reliability and accessibility while lowering equipment cost. SimEFB functions the same as an aircraft EFB unit, with no discernible difference to an operator in the flight deck.
- Lower-cost solution than aircraft hardware, which is essential for reducing training costs
- Faster data-loading capability, which significantly reduces downtime between training sessions
- Enhanced lifecycle support, which significantly reduces cost of spare parts and operational support
- Designed to handle the rigors of operation in a simulator, which improves reliability and performance
- Equipped with EFB applications required for training
How It Works
SimEFB requires two display units (DUs) and two electronic units (EUs). The DUs are placed in the simulator cockpit; EUs are located in the simulator computer room and integrated into the simulator systems. Unlike the aircraft EFB hardware, which requires a separate data loader, customer-specific EFB data can be quickly and easily loaded directly into the EU in a matter of minutes. Users can drive the EFB applications and systems through the EFB maintenance tool via a computer monitor and keyboard connected to the EUs. SimEFB can operate on any simulator manufacturer device.
Additional EFB Products
- simEFB Training Tablet
- simEFB Desktop Trainer
Contact Boeing Flight Services for pricing information.